Nearly $2 billion worth of books are purchased by U.S. libraries each year. Shouldn’t you be tapping into this potentially lucrative market?
Dana Lynn Smith, the Savvy Book Marketer, specializes in developing marketing plans for nonfiction books. She has a degree in marketing and 15 years of publishing experience. I highly recommend you check out her ebook on how to best sell your book to libraries, a usually neglected, but very profitable market.
Book marketing coach Dana Lynn Smith sold millions of dollars worth of books to libraries during the 13 years that she worked for a business book publisher. Now she shares the secrets of selling to libraries in ‘The Savvy Book Marketer’s Guide to Selling Your Book to Libraries.’
Packed with practical advice and resources, this indispensable guide will teach you:
- What kind of books libraries purchase, and how and when they order
- How to make your book and your website more attractive to libraries
- When and where to submit your book for review
- Strategies for reaching libraries through direct mail, advertising, and tradeshows
- How to work with local libraries and even get paid for speaking at libraries
- The best ways to handle orders from libraries
- How to sell through wholesalers and distributors
You’ll also get contact information for:
- 18 library wholesalers and distributors
- 13 important book review journals, with links to their submission requirements
- 12 major library associations
Best of all, the 22-point Action Plan will guide you through the process of marketing your book to libraries, from start to finish. The book was last updated in February of 2012.
BONUS #1 – Directory of Top U.S. Libraries, lists contact information for 50 of the largest public library systems in the U.S., plus two in Canada, which together have more than 1,600 branch locations. Plus you’ll get listings for 50 of the largest university libraries in the U.S.
BONUS #2 – Directory of Top Texas Libraries, features contact information for 150 of the largest public libraries in Texas, plus 122 academic libraries.
What Others Are Saying About Selling Your Book to Libraries
Love Your Life Publishing.com
Collection Development Librarian
Dallas Public Library
Freelance Writer, Editor, Author, and Owner of Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services